De : RSOE EDIS <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Envoyé : vendredi 12 avril 2019 12:18
À : Corentin Decaen <email@example.com>
Objet : RSOE EDIS – Event Report – Terror Attack : [Hazarganji] Quetta, Province of Balochistan, Pakistan, Asia
Importance : Haute
RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service, Budapest, Hungary
April 12th 2019 10:14 AM – Terror Attack – VW-20190412-67439-PAK
Twenty people were killed and dozens injured in a blast that ripped through Quetta’s Hazarganji sabzi mandi on Friday morning, authorities said. Eight Hazara, an FC official and two children were among the dead. At least 48 others, including three security personnel, were injured in the blast, police and provincial authorities said. DIG Quetta Abdul Razzaq Cheema told the media that the blast, which shook the Hazarganji sabzi mandi at around 7:35am, was caused by an improvised explosive device (IED) that had been hidden among vegetables in the market. Balochistan Minister for Home Mir Zia Ullah Langau said in a press conference later that initial investigation suggested it was a suicide bombing, and that it did not target any particular community. He vowed that justice would be delivered and the perpetrators would be taken to their logical conclusion. "I was loading a small truck and I heard a huge bang and it seemed as if the earth beneath me had shaken and I fell down," Irfan Khan, a labourer, told AFP from his hospital bed. "The atmosphere was filled with black smoke and I could not see anything, I could hear people screaming for help and I was also screaming for help." He said the air was "filled with the stinging smell of burnt human flesh". Buildings located nearby were also damaged in the blast, police said. The injured were being treated at Bolan Medical Complex. Violence in Pakistan has dropped significantly since the country´s deadliest-ever militant attack, on the Army Public School in Peshawar in 2014 that left more than 150 people, most of them children, dead. Prime Minister Imran Khan condemned the blast in Hazarganji and summoned a report on the incident. The premier expressed his grief at the loss of innocent lives, and directed the authorities to ensure the best medical treatment for the injured. President Dr Arif Alvi condemned the blast and expressed sorrow over the loss of precious lives. In a statement, he termed it a "heinous act of terrorism which is a reminder for us as nation that few remnants of this menace are still left to be eliminated totally." Condemning the attack, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry prayed for eternal peace for the departed souls and early recovery of the injured. He said the terrorists wanted to target the process of progress and development by harming peace in the country. The valiant people of Pakistan have been boldly facing the menace of terrorism and time is not far when terrorists will be completely eliminated from the country, the minister added.
The RSOE EDIS makes every effort to verify the reports that are posted, but the accuracy and completeness of the information, and of any statements or opinions based thereon, are not guaranteed. The reader/visitor assumes all risks in using information posted or archived by EDIS. The RSOE EDIS and its associated service providers shall not be held responsible for errors or omissions or held liable for any damages incurred as a result of use or reliance upon posted or archived material.
Please DO NOT reply to this message: replies may be treated as errors and result in your subscription being deleted. If you have trouble or other queries, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org RSOE EDIS is operated by the National Association of Radio-Distress Signalling and Infocommunications (RSOE), Budapest, Hungary. Because of the complexity of this system and its dependence on other systems, we cannot be responsible for delays or failures in forwarding or transmission.